Ryan J. Cooper
I am a native of Northern California working as a full-time technology executive and dotnet programmer at agile development firm E-laborative Technologies Ltd., which I founded along with 2 partners in 2002.
Management and Administrative:
- 20+ years of small business management and strategic planning specific to the internet and software development trades.
- Successful sale and execution of dozens of large scale project plans from strategy to delivery.
- Developed long-term partnerships as a data processor, analyst, and controller for multiple publically traded companies
- Management of web systems and databases for manufacturers and distributors via extended distribution networks to thousands of retail locations worldwide.
- Project planning and execution in the agile web development methodology.
- Business development and financial strategy related to web site hosting, development, maintenence and support .
Programming & Development Proficiencies:
- BCIP (BrainBench certified internet professional) for the web developer job role. Master-level certification in ASP.NET and certifications in all web dev technologies.
- Advanced .NET software and web development skills including efficient creation of web applications, windows forms, services, and console applications using ASP.NET languages (C#/VB).
- Successful implementation of extensive mobile feature sets including responsive template designs, CSS media queries, jquery mobile site development, integration with Twilio API's for SMS and VOIP features, and development of Android/iPhone Applications.
- Proficient in software development, project planning, execution, and QA as well as legacy systems migration, debugging and testing.
- In-depth understanding of programming concepts related to dynamic graphics, including development of sophisticated GDI+ image manipulation, compositing, and generation for the web.
- Extensive background in SQL and ODBC concepts, with the ability to conceptualize and create large-scale normalized databases with stored procedures, indexes, constraints, triggers, views and other advanced SQL features.
- Expert in HTML5/CSS3 programming framework. Highly developed multimedia programming skills utilizing all available constructs.
- Complete understanding of XML, JSON, and API-related concepts, including experience in developing data middle layers and secure data exchange sytstems.
- Well versed in the use of third party components and technologies including Google APIs, public data sources, exchange rate data, census data, weather data, payment gateways including authorize.net, paymentech, usaepay, and paypal. Intricate knowledge of industry leading .NET components including UI, UX, and data connectivity systems.
- Proven track record of excellence in web site security issues. I have developed sites with very high security requirements. I have developed use-specific data security strategies and cryptography methods to ensure bulletproof, multi-layered security from system to source.
- Background in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) including Leaflet, ARCGis, Google and MapQuest API's, bulk geocoding, mapping and distance plotting, IP-based location fraud prevention, and integration strategies.
- Familiar with Data Science frameworks including R and related packages including leaflet, tinyverse, tinycensus, etc.
- Extensive background in complex timekeeping data systems over varying time zones. Developed services involving multi-layered scheduling, calendaring, task management, resource conflict detection, online booking interfaces, high-volume event / seminar course management and attendance tracking, automated billing and reminder systems and other time-related systems.
- Financial systems integration and development of reporting, product tracking and expense management features for corporations in security focused frameworks. Developed XML and direct-data integrations with corporate ERP systems including AXAPTA and Oracle Platforms.
- Understanding of international data system requirements including language variance, localization, currency conversion and exchange rate issues with a strong focus on data accuracy and forensics for large scale data systems.
- Significant knowledge of text and log file parsing and data wrangling techniques including use of regular expressions and system.net.webclient class.
- Successful development track record using cURL API interactions and JSON Deserialization techniques in .NET.
Technology & Network Administration:
- Aptitude in computer operations, networking, and security. Worked extensively with PC, Mac, UNIX/LINUX and Amiga/Commodore computing platforms.
- Thorough understanding of DNS, IIS, SQL and related technologies for effective server and network administration.
- Successful management of email server technologies and SMTP relays, employing junk mail filtering, virus detection, and other advanced features.
- Hosting of 1000+ web site IIS instances, as a DNS and MX host and Domain Reseller
- Expert in text messaging API interaction systems (Twilio/Tropo)
- Familiar with all remote system access tools and technologies including Virtual Terminal, Remote Desktop, PCAnywhere, and web conferencing products including GoToMeeting, Skype, Zoom, & WebEx.
- Experience in all types of web connectivity, including Dial-Up, DSL, Cable, Radio Tower and Satellite Broadband, T1, T3, etc. I have set up and configured wireless networks, VOIP, and other networking technologies.
- FCC Licensed radio operator & owner of General Mobile & Civilian Band radio systems.
Graphic Design & Creative:
- BCIP (BrainBench certified internet professional) for the Web Designer job role with a master-level certification in Photoshop and Flash, and certifications in all related technologies.
- Skills in graphic design, ad design, digital animation, page layouts and freehand drawing for output to internet or print.
- Expertise in use of all essential website and graphic design software, design principles, techniques, and theories pertaining to website development and multimedia graphics.
- Graduate of the award winning ArtQuest Fine Arts program with successful advanced college placement.
Multimedia Production & Development:
- Experience in embedding and streaming video formats including windows media, flash, quicktime, and real player.
- Implemented highly integrated digital rights-management (DRM) systems for distribution of audio-video content via windows media server.
- Production of screen capture video help systems, voice narration and post production effects such as titles, callouts and zooms.
- Real-world knowledge of advanced digital video concepts including compatibility, codecs, formatting issues, bandwidth mitigation, conversion, and encoding best practices.
- Background in video production, editing, and mastering, live event audio setup and recording, and entertainment event production and management.
- Hands-on experience in the CD production/replication, packaging design, and delivery methods.
Operational experience with Rimage direct-to-disc automated publishing
systems and robotic hardware.
Project Management & Communications:
- As lead technical sales representative for E-laborative Technologies Ltd., I have successfully sold and established high-value contracts and built meaningful long-term relationships with decision makers at global companies from manufacturing, distribution, finance, engineering, print media and high-technology sectors.
- I am a competent public speaker, and meeting facilitator; I have given in person presentations and online webinars to large user groups, held ongoing technical briefs with executives and board members and project management teams.
- I employ well-developed time management skills to define priorities and meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks successfully.
- Exceptional technical communication and support skills. The ability to interpret and explain complex and technical issues with patience and precision, in person or on the phone.
Brainbench Certified Internet Professional (BCIP) Web
Developer Job Role (2004)
Brainbench Certified Internet Professional (BCIP) Web
Designer Job Role (2004)
Included: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, ECommerce, Flash, etc.
- In Progress: HarvardX Data Science Professional Certificate (8/9 courses completed)
- In Progress: Johns Hopkins Epidemiology in Public Health Practice Professional Certificate (4/5 courses completed)
- ServSafe Certification in Food Handling & College-Level Food Safety Course
- CA Licensed Hunter
- CA Licensed Fisherman
- MA Licensed Fisherman
- FCC Radio Station License - Class ZA - Call Sign: WRHY494
Professional Organization Memberships:
- International Webmasters Association
- Data Science Association
- Union of Concerned Scientists
Associate in Sciences Degree (A.S.)
Major: Natural Sciences
Santa Rosa Junior College: Santa Rosa, Ca
Graduated with Highest Honors
Graduated High School
Santa Rosa High School: Santa Rosa, Ca
I am a responsible, self-motivated individual, devoted to the improvement and enhancement of my artistic and technical skills through discipline, problem-solving and creativity. I endeavor to utilize and understand new technology, and to produce efficiently and effectively with all available tools.